Wednesday 19 May 2010

The Dance Sequence

As a dance student, I wanted to include a routine within our music video as this would make our video exciting and fun, as well as staying relevent to our genre. After watching several music videos from our research e.g Pixie Lott - Boys and Girls and Lady Gaga - Just Dance (see Initial Ideas post) I have choreographed 3 short routines for sections of the music.

I wanted to make the Dance very funky, with fast movement to match the upbeat music. Also I decided to use mainly female dancers to show the female dominance and proudness of their sexuality which links directly to the lyrics of the song.


I included lifts which make me, the singer, the focal point and used set formations to create tableaux which will therefore make the filming easier and make it look good on screen.




Here are some snap shots from the dance sequences;






This shows the triangular formation which we shot from 3 different angles, this made the the editing easier when we came to the production of the video.










In this snap shot, the use of levels shows me to be the dominant character.